Fresh asparagus 100g
Fresh lotus root 150g
A red chili
1. Trim and discard both ends of the bulb of the lotus root.
With a vegetable peeler, peel the rough skins, then cut bulbs
in half length-wise. Lay flat and cut crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick
2. Snap off and discard the tough ends of the asparagus
and cut into 1-inch diagonal pieces.
3. Fine shred the red chili.
4. Preheat wok. Add oil, when medium hot, add lotus root
and asparagus, stir-fry until fragrant. Remove the root and
asparagus from the wok and drain out oil.
5. Heat the clean wok again with a little oil, stir-fry
the red chili. Return the root and asparagus to the wok.
Sprinkle in white vinegar, and toss a few seconds. Add the
cornstarch solution. Stir mix well, until the sauce boils
and thickens, dish up.